COMMANDING Officer, Federal Fire Service, Calabar Command, Olumayowa Olomolaa has confirmed the fire incident that occurred inside the Cross River Government House.
She said that the fire, which started from an electrical spark from a generator house between late hour of Satuday and the early hours of Sunday lasted for three hours and affected some offices attached to Governor Ben Ayade.
It was gathered that some vital documents were also affected by the fire that lasted more than three hours.
The commander said that it took the intervention of the Federal Fire Service to put out the fire.
Meanwhile, the Cross River Government has said that the fire incident did not cause major damage.
Special Adviser on Media to the Governor in a statement said, “it was just a minor incident and no damage was caused by the incident. There was also no file damaged.
“It was only a building attached to Governor’s Office and no major activity takes place there