Connect with us


Anambra proposes N141.9b for 2022 budget



ANAMBRA State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has presented a budget estimate of N141.9b for the 2022 fiscal year, against the N143.65 billion for the year 2021.

  The budget with a theme: “Continuity, Sustainability and Development of a New Anambra”, was presented by Gov. Obiano during the plenary session at the Anambra State House of Assembly Complex, Awka.

  In the budget, the recurrent expenditure has been projected to gulp 43 per cent of a total budget size, translating into N60.9 billion and the remaining 57 per cent which translated into N81.0b was for capital expenditure.

  Gov. Obiano, who said the state had no intention to increase taxes or levies, added that the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) was projected at N3.35b monthly and N40.36b annually for 2022, compared to N3.04 b monthly and N36.6b annually for last year.

   On water resources and public utilities, the governor said that ndi Anambra could attest to improvements in security, aided by the “Light-Up Anambra Programme”, and other rural and urban electrification schemes.

  In his reaction, the Speaker, Mr Uche Okafor, recalled that the (ICC), Awka Township Stadium and the airport were factored in the last year’s budget, which Obiano had achieved tremendously.

   Okafor called on politicians in the state to join hands with the governor in moving the state forward and  called  for prayers for a successful election in the state.

  Member, representing Anambra East, Obinna Emenaka, commended   Gov Obiano for his exemplary leadership, and lofty legacies geared toward uplifting humanity.

  Emenaka urged different departments, agencies and ministries in the state to come up with  critical analysis of their expenditures in the last year’s budget, as the committee would examine every sector of the financial activity.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *