Generator fume kills four in Kwara
TRAGEDY struck in Kwara State when fumes from a generator killed four family members, yesterday.
The incident occurred at a compound in Ojomu House of Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area.
Neighbours said the victims returned from Lagos to celebrate Sallah festival.
According to a neighbour who refused to be named, their corpses have been deposited at Offa General Hospital morgue while two other victims who were unconscious were rushed to the same hospital for medical attention.
“We discovered their lifeless bodies this morning, the head of the house, his wife and her friend and the friend to one of his children who followed them to celebrate Sallah from Lagos. In the night while they were still feasting, they put on the generator and all slept off. It was one of the aged women in the compound who wanted to go and welcome them around past 7:00am, Wednesday, that discovered their bodies and raised the alarm. Two of them who were still alive when residents went in were unconscious. They are lying in critical conditions at the hospital now and we don’t know their state yet,” he said.
Public Relations Officer of Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the development.
“Yes, I just called our officers there. The incident is true. We will continue to appeal to people to put safety first in all their actions even during celebration. We however, condole with the affected family over this unfortunate incident,” Okasanmi said.
Error 403: The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota..
Domain code: youtube.quota
Reason code: quotaExceeded
Error: No feed found with the ID .
Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.