RESIDENTS of number 3 Emmanuel Church Street, Nkpor, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State are counting their loses amidst tears as fire gutted their residence recently.
The inferno which started at about 1:00pm, from a factory located at the basement of a three-storey building, drew a attracted large crowd in frantic efforts to rescue the building from the raging disaster but could only curtail the spread of the fire to neighbouring buildings.
According to eyewitness account, Sunday Orajeme, the fire started from a plastic materials factory at the ground floor of the residential premises at a time most of the residents were not at home. “When we noticed the unusual smoke, we rushed to, place only to see that the workers present at the factory at the time were already battling to put out the fire but it kept raging on. Much credits should go the to good spirited Nigerians who fought hard to save the inferno from uncontrollable magnitude until the arrival of Anambra State fire fighting service to the scene.”
National Light reporter gathered that some of the residents were rescued through the bravery of those who offered helping hands to save the situation.
The factory owner (name withheld) who was present during the inferno could not speak with our reporter He said, he was too dazed to speak. Some tenants whose apartments were affected by the inferno were benumbed and groaned over their loses.