Connect with us


Slained 15 year old girl buried amid tears



THE ambiance at Umuchieze in Umunneochi of Abia State was that of melancholy last week Friday as the remains of late Miss Chinecherem Promise Ibeh was committed to mother earth.
The vibrant young, friendly, jovial and promising 15year old girl was gruesomely abducted and murdered late last month.
According to an immediate family member who spoke with National Light on condition of anonymity, Chinecherem, who was said to have been sent to buy petrol in the evening by her aunt’s husband who she resides with at Okigwe, went with her cousin sister and did’t return.
Worrying, the man went out to search for them and after hours of relentless search, including at the filing station she was sent to, he returned confused. The source further said that at about 12am, they received a call, which confirmed that the two girls were in their custody, demanded the sum of N700,000 to secure the girls release.
The in-law pleaded with them to wait till morning to be able to deposit the money to the account they sent him but the kidnappers refused and hung up and at about 4am, they received another call from the same people, this time, the phone was given to Chinecherem who while crying, begged her uncle to comply with the demands of their abductors.
According to the source, the in-law pleaded with them to allow him transfer the money he has to the account given to him while the rest would be done as soon as bank resumes operation but the abductors refused, telling him that him was not serious.
Sadly, around 4am, the kidnappers called again and this time, the same voice blamed them of not complying with them, that they should go and carry the remains of the girls and he shouldn’t bother about sending money to the account given to him, saying that it was fake.
However, the remains of the two girls were discovered along the road to Anambra State. While Chinecherem’s body was covered with bruises with her face covered with nylon bag, her cousin survived and is recuperating at the hospital.
They were picked by a priest who was returning from morning Mass and saw people gathered by the road side, taking pictures of the two girls, the priest then took them to the hospital.

You May Also Like:-  Avian influenza: Lagos begins decontamination of 26 poultry markets
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.