REGIME Gas Plant, located along Obosi /Nkpor Road, Obosi, in Idemili North LGA of Anambra State has been gutted by fire.
It was gathered that the owner of the gas plant, with five staff of the company, sustained various degrees of burns following the explosion, which occurred at about 8:30 am on Tuesday, were rushed to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, where they are presently responding to treatment.
Meanwhile, it was gathered that Police Patrol Team attached to Obosi Division, led by the DPO, has visited to the scene, cordoned off the area to protect lives and to prevent looters from taking advantage of the situation.
The Anambra State Police Spokesman, Haruna Mohammed, who was contacted to ascertain the true position of things, said police have commenced investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.
In a related development, one Mrs. Blessing Uzoebo, residing at No. 9 Chukwura Odu Street, Awada, bought 1 Litre of kerosene suspected to be adulterated from a local vendor within her neighborhood; and in the process of filling her lantern with the product, it exploded into a huge flame of fire; and as result of the explosion, the said Mrs Blessing and her 11-year-old son, Chima, sustained various degrees of burns.
Our source informed that Police Patrol Team attached to Awada Division visited the scene and rushed casualties to Pieta Hospital, Awada, where victims are presently receiving treatments.
Eyewitness told our reporter that one bedroom apartment occupied by the victims was completely razed down by the inferno.
When contacted, the PPRO, Anambra State Police Command, Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the incidence; informing also that sample of the kerosene was obtained for analysis; while the kerosene vendor, who was arrested earlier is helping the police on its investigation.